Olivia (オリヴィア, Orivia) is one of the three main characters of Asobi Asobase series and a member of the Pastimers Club. She is Hanako Honda's and Kasumi Nomura's friend who are also members of the Pastimers Club.
Olivia is a beautiful pale-skinned girl with waist-length wavy light blonde hair and light blue eyes. She is mostly seen wearing her school uniform but mostly wears a shirt and shorts outside of school.
Olivia has the most distinctive appearance among her friends due to her foreign heritage.
Olivia is shown to be quite mischievous. In her first encounter with Hanako Honda, Olivia tricks the latter into believing she was a transfer student from America by speaking in broken Japanese to feign ignorance to Japanese culture when confronted and due to her getting nervous in her own introduction and talking in broken Japanese accidentally. This ended up backfiring on her when Kasumi Nomura asked to be taught in English by her, despite her not knowing any English, at which point Olivia was too afraid of Kasumi to reveal the truth and instead began to create more excuses for not teaching her English. Her lie eventually led to the formation of the Pastimers Club, but it wasn't until sometime after that her lie was finally revealed. Afterwards, she speaks in normal Japanese amongst her friends, while feigning to become better in Japanese in front of other people often ending her sentences in "desu" not unlike a amateur Japanese speaker but will falter when faced with a stressful situation speaking normally.
Olivia has an easy-going personality. As such, she usually goes along willingly with Hanako's games and escalates them, even though they sometimes have an unusual twist compared to the original version. This twisting is also reflected in her approach to studying, which is cramming the night before an exam, though this was shown to be ineffective.
She is considered the least studious and dumbest of the main trio as shown above in relation to her study habits but also making a childish tantrum upon being pressed to study English for a speech (though she was noted to have achieved 90 in her Japanese Grammar entrance exam test).
She is an avid fan of sumo wrestling being bribed by Tsugumi Aozora with a statue of a sumo wrestler and actually wanted to become a sumo wrestler as a profession but was distraught when she learned that female sumo wrestling does not exist believing that the non-existent female circuit was never aired due to the women being naked from the upper body.
Hanako is one of the only friends Olivia has, a long with Kasumi. All three of them normally hang out after school as Olivia takes English remedial lessons to keep up the secret that Olivia cannot speak fluent English. Despite the many weird conversations, Olivia is very close with Hanako and considers her one of her closest friends.
- Olivia has a very unpleasant body odor which has been pointed out by characters on the show, who refer to the odor as spicy. It was enough to put her on the Student Council's records.
- Olivia's phone's ringtone seems to resemble a chiptune version of Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture".
- Due to the fact that her brother possesses black hair, it could be assumed that at least one of Olivia's parents have black hair.
- Olivia is unable to speak English because she has lived in Japan for most of her life, despite having foreign parents.
- Olivia, Hanako Honda and Kasumi Nomura are the three main characters in the series.
- Her main theme song during some of the episodes is the flute rendition of the Star Spangled Banner. Which also shares the same theme as Fujiwara due to her skill in speaking the English fluently.
- Olivia, unlike the rest of the characters, constantly changes her hairstyle in every chapter.